The future might be unclear, but we can predict one or two trends already. Due to the digital transformation, society, enterprises, services, and structures are changing in an unprecedent degree. All businesses seek to embrace it and become digital. As a result, the workforce landscape is changing with the emergence of new professions and careers. According to a Business Insider recent research, software developers and software quality assurance analysts and testers are understandably the most promising and fastest-growing jobs. Software development will help boosting organization’s productivity, agility, and flexibility. However, recruiting these IT experts and engineers is a complex mission. That is why it is fundamental to understand the concept of software development and how nearshore software development can seamlessly suit your company and turn out to be an essential asset in a successful digital future.
What is software development?
Software development concerns to all phases and processes that go from planification, analysis, design, implementation and testing stage to the final and continuous maintenance of computer or mobile applications and programs. Apart from the actual writing of code, software development equally entails the foundational research and planning, the design, and the ultimate assurance that every single specification has been reached. Hence, covering all moments from of the life cycle: from the very first steps to its closure.
Nearshore software development: a solution
Expansion calls for bold and strategic decisions. And technology is the key. Nearshore software development is the business model practice of outsourcing software development services to companies in neighbour countries rather than in-house teams or providers in the organization’s own country. The world is becoming smaller day after day, and that is the reason why nearshore software development is more often a solution for companies, rather than offshore outsourcing. The latter is revealing fragilities in a long term. Issues like cultural differences, lack of control and difficulties adjusting to different time-zones are resulting in a business downgrade and damaging organization’s optimization.
Nearshoring is a middle ground between onshore and offshore. Likewise offshore outsourcing, nearshore software development is an option that intends to save money while taking advantage of a closer location, enhancing your control and management over your organization operational outlay.
Prime Nearshore has been assisting partners adopting a strategic mindset by playing a role in the technological scenery. Complying with the highest standards, our company has been developing software and optimizing processes of countless clients in the most wide-ranging industries such as retail, energy, healthcare, banking, and communication, for more than 14 years. Do you need further motivations to elect Prime Nearshore as your trustworthy nearshore partner?
What are the benefits of nearshoring software development?
Now that we already addressed the issue “what is nearshoring?”, let’s look at some of the benefits of nearshore software development:
– Geographical proximity: the opportunity to get face to face with your nearshore team from time to time due to short flight times (and lower costs) is one of the main benefits of nearshoring software development, comparing to offshore partners.
– Cost efficiency: the recruitment process can be particularly time and money consuming in the IT industry. Nearshoring Portugal is a terrific opportunity for startups and tech companies with competitive software development costs. A great value for money, our IT Portuguese experts master their art and are always available for a challenge in high tech development centres.
– Shared Time Zone: Significantly different time zones often head to difficulties. Sharing a similar schedule actually leads to a closer cooperation and a more efficient communication.
– A pool of dedicated IT specialists: the nearshore business model assures that your project gets done by top developers and engineers in neighbour lands. Nearshore professionals merge experience and education/knowledge and are an outstanding opportunity to help you adjust your business according to market fluctuations and needs.
– Sharper control and communication: the has the power to work closely with the dedicated nearshoring development team and analyze regular developments. This helps develop a unity and cohesion between both sides.
Everything is moving towards digital platforms. And this reality may translate into a massive challenge and/or a plethora of opportunities. Implementing a consumer-orientated mindset is bringing together customers and businesses and reinforcing them for the digital transformation. That is why companies struggle to identify the new customer journey and work relentlessly to meet the latest expectations. Nearshore software development is becoming a widespread method, identified among peers as a competitive advantage.